Simulator Engineering Manager
With 16 simulators Ryanair operates one of the largest Flight Simulator Training Device (FSTD) organisations in Europe. To support the growth of Ryanair pilot numbers over the next 5 years we plan to rapidly grow to more than 25 simulators located across Europe.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the Simulator Engineering Manager is key senior management position in Ryanair’s Technical Services department and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Simulator Engineering across multiple European Simulator facilities, including.
- Ensuring all Simulators are maintained to the highest industry standards to achieve 100% quality and availability to the Ryanair Training Organisation.
- Ensuring scheduled maintenance, defects rectification and modifications are performed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identifying spares requirement and managing the efficient control and usage of spare parts.
- Working with the national Civil Aviation Authority to ensure all SIM approvals are maintained at the levels to support the Ryanair ATO.
- Overseeing the on-time deployment of new Simulators in newly open facilities.
- Management of all Simulator Engineering staff across multiple sites in Europe.
- Development of IT systems to provide accurate operational and management reports on the performance and condition of all Simulators
- At least 5 years’ Simulator Engineering experience with at least 3 at a management level.
- Experience working with national Civil Aviation Authorities and a detailed knowledge of EASA Part-ORA requirements for FSTD organisations.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to quickly analyse problems and implement practical solutions
- Ability to effectively and credibly operate at the highest management levels in Ryanair.
- Be highly skilled numerically and analytically with competence in the delivery of details and facts to upper management