Front End Developer
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 81 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 380 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 105m this year to 180m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Travel Labs Poland is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ryanair and has opened a new digital hub in Wroclaw. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for talented front end developers to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Front-end Developer will include:
- Delivering best in class user interfaces across the Ryanair.com platform
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using Agile work practices
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
Here's what we're looking for
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- Experience working with systems written in Java or similar
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Here's what would be nice to have
- Comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment Background in SVG libraries like SVG and Raphael
- Good experience with mobile web app development
- Knowledge of the most popular build system like Grunt and Gulp
- Experience with TDD/BDD and continuous integration environment
You'd be a great fit if you
- Raise the bar for your team technically, and are tenacious, curious and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with a lot of context and minimal guidance
- If you have a Github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new technology that you're really excited about, tell us all about it in your cover letter!
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Sport card (Multisport Plus)
- Private Healthcare
- Flight ticket discount
- Wide range of projects