Slot Desk Officer
Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Slot Desk Officer to join our Flight Operations team.
Based in our Head Office in Airside Business Park in Swords, the successful candidate will work as part of a team with responsibility for managing and maintaining our industry leading on time performance across Europe. This is an excellent opportunity to join Europe’s leading airline and to gain experience in a busy working environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation and successful application of all ad-hoc slot requests
- Monitoring and actioning all ad-hoc flight requests to ensure successful slot application
- Ensuring end to end slot application – updating requests according to our operations on time performance.
- Developing and implementing solutions for day to day Slot Desk problems
- Assisting Flight Operations; cost effective solutions to Flight Planning disruptions/delays
- Compilation of reports as required
- Monitoring ATC messages and react accordingly
- Supporting aircraft allocations
- Any other duties as requested by Operations Control Management
This position will require the successful candidate to do shift work which will include days and nights.
This is a position which is a platform for advancement within the Ryanair Operations Room. The Slot Desk position will have a many common functions and training with that of a Flight Planner, it is our goal that every Slot Desk Officer will progress into a Flight Planner position.
A high degree of flexibility will be required as the successful candidate should possess:
• The ability to hold a Dublin Airport Airside ID
• The ability to work and communicate effectively under pressure
• Good problem solving and logistical skills
• Good interpersonal skills strong outgoing personality
• A good telephone manner
• Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Netline would be an advantage)
• A full driving licence