Wintel System Administrator
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 139m guests p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 450 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 33 year safety record.
This is a Wintel System Administrator role within the IT Systems Support Wintel Team reporting to the Wintel Team Lead. The successful candidate will be a responsible for the design, build & configuration of Everything Windows on Physical, VMware & Cloud platform. In addition to project related work there is also a focus on the administration, maintenance and support of company wide infrastructure, including but not limited to Server (Physical, Virtual and Cloud based), Windows AD, MS Exchange environment and infrastructure related applications.
- Technical Lead on project delivering infrastructure solutions from the design, implementation close out phase.
- Provide expertise in applying architectural governance for business and technical activities
- Enforce Windows Server Administration and systems hardening standards, policies and guidelines and develop and implement them as needs are identified.
- Support and Maintain Active Directory, MS Exchange, Ironport proxy appliances, Office 365.
- Support and Maintain Windows file share ( DFS an advantage )
- Support and Maintain mulitple Citrix Zen Farms.
- Support and Maintain multple Airline Application
- Support and Maintain VMware and HyperV
- Support and Maintain Cloud Platforms (AWS / AZURE)
- Create and maintain full documentation for relevant systems that are being deployed as part of projects.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of both physical and virtual servers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge with Active Directory/Windows server administration
- Familiarity with a multitude of Active Directory and HP and DELL blade server health tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows server infrastructure and networks
- Expert knowledge of system administration and remote management of blade and Windows servers
- Experience in Citrix, AD, MS Exchange.
- Strong Windows Server background with PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting (root cause analysis) skills
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
- Experience with Datacentre Migrations, Server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel
- Experience with business continuity / disaster recovery failover/failback and run-book documentation
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment
- Must be able to perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment