Lead Product Designer
Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline is looking to grow its Product Design team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of Europe’s biggest consumer & travel brands, in a fast paced and challenging environment. We are always looking how we can improve how we work and for better ways of doing things here at Ryanair HQ. We’re looking for bright, talented and enthusiastic people who love design & and are focused on delivering a great product to our customers.
We’ve started on a journey to deliver amazing user experiences across platforms for all forty million plus of our site visitors per month. But the work has only begun.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer to join our Product team in Dublin. We’re a thriving design team and have grown to three Travel Labs across Europe.
You’ll be a:
- A hands-on designer who can help keep our Design team all on the same page.
- You’ll lead the strategic design direction and implementation working with our talented design and development teams.
- You’ll have a can-do attitude with a determination to drive and develop Ryanair design to the next level.
- We’re looking to super-charge how we create, develop and manage our design assets and you’ll be at the forefront of developing these and ensuring their adoption.
- Responsible for the quality of our product across our entire digital portfolio, through the design and management of design system assets (UI or UX) and the successful implementation of these by supporting our design team creating our platform.
- You’ll report to the Head of Product Design and you’ll manage the creation of our design system and related assets.
You may have previously worked in a design role - either UX or UI and now want to get out of the detail and focus on creating and managing the strategic direction and guidelines. You’ll be comfortable working and collaborating with designers and development teams – importantly, you be at ease providing direction to both on guidelines, components and interactions.
You’ll be adept collaborating with wider teams, including UX and UI Design, Research, Insight, Product Owners, and Ecommerce Executives. You’ll be responsible to lead the implementation and the dissemination of our design system to ensure it is leveraged consistently and to establish trust in the long-term merits.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- Familiarity with the creation and management of design systems in a large org.
- Styleguide creation – UI visuals / UX patterns
- Component Library – Creation and documentation
- Design principles and attributes
- Process – defining and building a these in an org
- Examples of design governance – of being proactive in the creation & implementation of design standards, libraries and frameworks, to deliver product
- Be able to show how you’ve worked with Design and Development teams in the creation of design assets and other elements on a day-to-day basis.
- A strong advocate to drive change in design processes to the wider business
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage projects.
- 5+ years experience working in a senior role in design
- Relevant third level degree – design/tech related
- Experience in a fast paced development environment advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of design governance, design strategies and front-end development.