Software Development Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 36 countries on a fleet of over 350 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 380 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 119m this year to 200m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Ryanair Labs Madrid is a new digital hub in Madrid, providing services for Ryanair. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for Software Development Manager to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Developer Manager will include:
- Mentor and grow a team of developers focusing both on career and personal development.
- Conducting goal setting, performance reviews and appraisals of Developers in collaboration with the Head of Development.
- Ensure positive and fast paced environment is maintained as the scrum teams grow.
- Providing input into the Ryanair Labs Development strategy driving the standardisation of processes and procedures across the development group.
- Responsibility for the team to produce scalable, secure preforming top quality code.
- Responsibility that the team is following best software delivery standards to ensure a continuous delivery of code.
- Report to management on the progress of the team and communicate any issues effectively.
- Work with scrum teams to remove blockers with a focus on delivery of high quality code.
- Proposing improvements in process to improve code quality and speed of delivery.
- Gather feedback from team members on all matters, ensure people are heard, be the voice of the team.
- Review CVs, arrange and conduct interviews, work with HR to expand the team.
- Enforce the development process delivery guidelines from the business.
- Assist on allocation of resources to each delivery team.
- Meet regularly with the Head of Software Development to ensure line up of developer strategies and share best practices across the organisation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ lead experience in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Previous team leadership experience
- The candidate will possess a keen interest and be up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead a high performing team.
- An ability to write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of and proven experience with building high performing enterprise applications.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery (Devops).
- Experience of leading in an agile or other rapid development environment.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Mentoring staff and assisting in their professional development