Digital Content Team Lead
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Reporting into the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will lead our expanding content team. An excellent communicator with a proven history of curating winning video and written content, you will be tasked with creating, managing and sharing compelling, insightful and engaging content. You will be working with the PR, social, marketing and digital teams to deliver a range of destination, niche and aviation related content, across multiple languages.
- All aspects of content delivery and communication, including how content is created, curated, produced, tested and measured.
- Lead the content team across 33 markets
- Produce and execute a best-in-class content plan
- Collaborate with the design and social teams to create and upload text, image and video content both for Ryanair.com, the Into The Blue blog and the Ryanair social media channels.
- Deliver a suite of industry leading destination videos
- Manage a pool of external contributors and user generated content
- Ensure all content is written/produced alongside our content guidelines in the correct tone of voice
- Work with the SEO team to ensure all content is SEO friendly
- Contribute towards the growth of the Ryanair blog, Into the Blue
- Manage new and ongoing platform wide content projects
- Contribute towards a multi-platform content hub for distribution into CRM and social
- Manage a content budget
- Excellent English communication skills
- Outstanding content creation experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Strong copywriting skills with strong attention to detail and a creative flair
- Strong video creation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- High level of commercial awareness
- Target and deadline driven
- The ability to understand what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- An understanding of the European travel space
Preferred skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mulitmedia, Journalism, Marketing, or English, or similar video production qualifications
- Video editing skills