Senior Mobile QA
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 117m customers p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of 350 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 315?Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Reporting to the QA manager, you will input into and help in the implementation of the QA strategy for Ryanair Labs and Travel Labs Poland, in the context of Ryanair’s native mobile applications.
Where necessary and appropriate, you will assign work to the local and offshore teams and report upon their progress to the team leaders.
You will act as the individual responsible for ensuring all necessary steps have been taken to guarantee any production releases have met the fitness for purpose criteria prior to production launch, specifically, though not limited to, the Flight Search, Select & Booking native mobile apps.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to work with local and remote teams as well as being able to work on their own initiative, all in a fast paced highly dynamic working environment.
Exposure to both Android and iOS native applications would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of and the ability to use various test tools available to exercise mobile apps.
Ideal Candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile environment, responding to continuously changing business needs
- Experience working with teams of offshore and near-shore software testers
- Knowledge of mobile testing, specifically native applications, on the major mobile platforms, and technologies and test tools
- Knowledge of test asset management tools such as TestRail, Zephyr or similar
- Prior use authoring test cases in BDD format.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking system
- Test strategy, planning (Planning Poker), estimation, regression and functional testing
- Experience in building and designing test cases, strong analytical & problem solving, documentation, and communication skills.
- Some knowledge of how to use automation to aid testing, and ability to prioritise appropriate scenarios would be useful
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC in the Agile context and how large, distributed, multi-channel systems are organised and structured; being conscious of the interdependencies involved in heterogeneous technical environments
Applicants will be expected to have knowledge & ability including some or all of the following:
· Exposure to different mobile technologies, Android or iOS
o Various flavours
· Ability to gather debug information using the relevant SDK tools for iOS or Android
· Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset; Jira, Confluence etc…
· Knowledge of Test Asset management tools such as TestRail (www.gurock.com)
· Knowledge of the deployment mechanisms in use e.g. Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
· Prior use of test support systems such as TestFlight or HockeyApp