Senior Data Scientist
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite low fares airline, operating more than 1,600 daily flights (over 500,000 per year) from 69 bases, across 1,600 low fare routes, connecting 186 destinations in 30 countries and operating a fleet of 300 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Ryanair has recently announced firm orders for a further 180 new Boeing aircraft, which will be delivered between 2014 and 2018. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 9,500 highly skilled professionals, will carry 86 million customers this year and has an outstanding 30-year safety record.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Designers and Product Owners, who will own their work from the initial idea to the final implementation. The role will also involve mentoring junior members of the team who have an understanding of the area, but may need to lean on a more experience colleague from time-to-time. The role will allow for opportunities to work in a variety of areas such as digital, logistics, predictive maintenance, and anything else that you may think of, or that will come your way.
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics, this is a permanent position based in our Head office here in Swords, Dublin.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist)
- Professional experience in working with large, complex data sets from data processing to using mathematical techniques to build a predictive model.
- Experience using probability distributions and applying Bayesian techniques.
- Proven track record of being able to deliver insight with the ability to visualise and explain a model to a target audience.
- Technically capable across a range of technologies (Python, R, Java, SQL etc)
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with Anomaly Detection or Time Series Analysis a plus.
- Experience working with Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive) or Cloud (e.g AWS).
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- MS SQL Server 2016
- QlikView, Tableau, Power BI
- Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive, Cloudera).
- Java, Python, Scala, R
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana)