Digital Acquisition Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
We are looking for an accomplished digital manager specialising in performance digital channels. Working as part of the brand communications team, the successful person will understand and manage our performance-based activity across all digital marketing channels.
She/he will have an understanding of the role of digital marketing and be proficient in media buying, affiliates and web analytics.
This position is permanent and will be based in our Swords HQ.
Closing Date 17.11.17
- Setting the digital marketing strategy to support or optimise the offline marketing plan, in order to deliver the right marketing objectives for the business for each key market.
- End to end digital acquisition campaign development from setting the KPIs according to business objectives, budget forecasting, analysis on activity and adjusting plans in response to campaign impacts & business requirements.
- Influences key stakeholders by open and clear communication of the digital marketing strategy and keeping the fire lit.
- Work with developers on tagging, API solutions and with our Insights team to ensure all activity is incremental and measurable.
- Manage digital media agencies/partners to ensure they deliver activity which drives optimal revenue and is results-driven and within budget.
- Works closely with digital media partners to monitor campaign performance, identifying areas for improvement and provide recommendations to continually optimise.
- An understanding of cross-channel influence and an ability to grow and optimise each channel.
- Will be focused on continuous innovation & improvements; testing and applying learnings, to drive cost efficiencies & growth in future campaigns
- Manage the digital acquisition budget, ensuring we’re getting excellent value for money and maximising spend.
- Work closely with the content/video producers and design teams to ensure content is optimised for acquisition channels before it is published
- Shares digital best-practice & mentors junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a commercially-minded marketer with a track record in performance-led campaigns
- Have in-depth experience in digital campaign management, acquisition channels and digital strategy
- Be analytical with strong numerical ability– digs data manipulation, statistical reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Have experience in A/B testing and attribution modelling
- Be comfortable with the technical - understands various web technologies (DMP, DSP), technical integration and troubleshooting
- Have an ability to flex their communication style to the right outcome
- Be a fast learner with strong attention to detail
- Have 3+ years relevant work experience in a digital marketing role
- Be a self-starter but also work as part of the team
- Be organised but have a flexible, hands-on approach and be excited by a fast-paced business environment
• Display, Programmatic / Real Time Bidding (RTB), Ad Serving, DSPs, DMPs, Affiliate Marketing, A/B Testing, Advanced Microsoft Office especially Excel, Web Analytics (Omniture), Attribution modelling.