Senior Manager - Brand Communications
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 78 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 380 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 105m this year to 180m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 30-year safety record.
Ryanair is currently recruiting a Head of Brand Communications reporting into the Marketing Operations Director. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall accountability for annual brand plans and budget
- Coordinating media buying across all markets and channels
- Overseeing the production of all consumer facing advertising material
- Setup and management of agency network for both brand/creative as well as media buying
Reporting to the sales and marketing Operations Director, this is a permanent position and is based in our Dublin HQ.
- Overall management of the brand communications team & partners; aligning the priorities of all comms stakeholders with the short-term & medium-term priorities of the business and ensuring delivery of those priorities.
- Leads the development of the media strategy by market; ensuring the media spend is aligned to business objectives; accounting for competitive spend & previous year learnings
- Leading the tactical campaign planning process for media & creative (brief/budgets/timing/over-all strategy); ensuring the agency is briefed on time; building on learnings from previous campaigns; aligned to the business growth
- Over-seeing the implementation of the media & creative plans for each of the key markets across Europe and supporting the team in the delivery of these plans
- Responsible for ensuring the budget is correctly planned, tracked, and reported
- Identifying new ways for driving more value
- Responsible for the set-up of new agencies or markets including agreements of costs/rates/bonuses, contracts & processes.
- Agreeing the KPIs for agency performance, ensuring a plan in place to track, report & evaluate KPIs.
- Agree & over-see the implementation of the digital acquisition marketing activity
- Manage cross-departmental projects
- Proven track record of developing and delivering advertising campaigns in cooperation with creative agencies as well as in-house teams
- Confident and upbeat personality
In-depth understanding of media landscape across all channels and markets
Strong background in budgeting, financial planning, KPI management
Cultural match to low cost / discount business model
Excellent team management & motivation skills
Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
Reliable and hardworking individual with a creative flair