Brand Communications Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400 new Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair is currently recruiting a Brand Communications Manager reporting into the Marketing Operations Director. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall accountability for annual brand plans and budget
- Coordinating media buying across all markets and channels
- Overseeing the production of all consumer facing advertising material
- Setup and management of agency network for both brand/creative as well as media buying
Reporting to the sales and marketing Operations Director, this is a permanent position and is based in our Dublin HQ.
- Overall management of the brand communications team & partners; aligning the priorities of all comms stakeholders with the short-term & medium-term priorities of the business and ensuring delivery of those priorities.
- Leads the development of the media strategy by market; ensuring the media spend is aligned to business objectives; accounting for competitive spend & previous year learnings
- Leading the tactical campaign planning process for media & creative (brief/budgets/timing/over-all strategy); ensuring the agency is briefed on time; building on learnings from previous campaigns; aligned to the business growth
- Over-seeing the implementation of the media & creative plans for each of the key markets across Europe and supporting the team in the delivery of these plans
- Responsible for ensuring the budget is correctly planned, tracked, and reported
- Identifying new ways for driving more value
- Responsible for the set-up of new agencies or markets including agreements of costs/rates/bonuses, contracts & processes.
- Agreeing the KPIs for agency performance, ensuring a plan in place to track, report & evaluate KPIs.
- Agree & over-see the implementation of the digital acquisition marketing activity
- Manage cross-departmental projects
- Proven track record of developing and delivering advertising campaigns in cooperation with creative agencies as well as in-house teams
- Confident and upbeat personality
In-depth understanding of media landscape across all channels and markets
Strong background in budgeting, financial planning, KPI management
Cultural match to low cost / discount business model
Excellent team management & motivation skills
Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
Reliable and hardworking individual with a creative flair