Yield Analyst - Fares Magician
Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Ryanair DAC, Lauda, Buzz, Malta Air and Ryanair UK. Carrying over 153m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 87 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair Holdings to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair Holdings has a team of more than 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 34-year safety record.
In 2017, Ryanair became the first European airline to have carried over 1 billion customers.
Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Yield Analyst - Fares Magician to join our Yield Department. This position will be based at Ryanair’s Head Office in Airside Business Park in Swords.
Using their excellent analytical skills the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and analysing a portfolio of routes to deliver on load factor targets whilst maximising revenue performance on these routes.
This successful candidate will be responsible for a number of routes from a particular market in Europe. This will require the person to have an in-depth knowledge of their market / route’s spending patterns and to have the ability to adjust the routes accordingly to meet the load factor targets. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of the relationship between price and volume and supply and demand.
The main responsibilities include:
- Achieving target load factors across a portfolio of routes
- Achieving and surpassing revenue targets.
- Conduct detailed market reviews, identifying potential threats and opportunities
- Propose proactive pricing and yield management strategies
- Understand the underlying factors which influence performance
- Analyse the competitive landscape to ensure that Ryanair offer the most competitive fares and have appropriate capacity and schedules in key markets.
- Monitor events/shifting holidays and potential impact on demand
- Develop a detailed booking profile by market to ensure an optimal booking build in order to maximise yield.
- Evaluate market data and generate detailed reports for Senior Management.
- Measure the impact of price changes on demand and revenue.
- Perform detailed analysis and reporting on the groups revenue performance.
- Analyse historical data on traffic and revenue to establish parameters for future fare and availability levels.
- Liaise with other key functions within the commercial department including scheduling, sales and marketing and new route development in order to help deliver company objectives.
- Possess a third level qualification in mathematics or a similar analytical background.
- Have a clear understanding of the relationship between price and volume and supply and demand.
- Have strong numeric and analytical skills and the ability to deliver clear written reports evaluating performance.
- Experience and strengths in modelling and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Very strong knowledge of Excel and ideally SQL, with ability to translate analysis into actions
- Hands-on attitude and should be able to decide and react under pressure
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative in developing appropriate strategies to achieve company goals.