Operations Managers - Flight Ops/Inflight
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 130m p.a. on more than 2,100 daily flights from 87 bases, a fleet of 402 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 350 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Due to our continued growth we are currently looking to recruit Four New Flight Operations Bases Managers to be based at our Global Headquarters in Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland.
As an Operations Manager your primary role will be to act as a point of contact to Pilots/Cabin Crew and ensure that all Pilot/Cabin Crew queries are managed in a timely and professional manner. You will offer a best in class service to ensure that our Pilots/Cabin Crew are operating as efficiently as possible. You will gain experience in a wide range of flight operations activities. We look for people who are keen to learn and quick to adapt. People who can get stuck into small tasks, but aren’t afraid to take on the really big ones.
This is an exciting way to gain a thorough grounding in Ryanair’s flight operations department and will equip you with skills which can to take you into other parts of the airline.
We want to hire people who;
- Have exceptional people skills.
- Top draw man management experience, whether operationally or from a HR perspective – you know how to marshal the troops!
- Come from an operational, commercial, logistics, HR or Military background.
- 4-7 years’ experience
- Ability to make a difference and ensure that our Pilots/Cabin Crews focus is on operations.
- Work with Base Captains/Base Managers to ensure compliance with Ryanair’s policies and procedures
- Manage day to day operational issues
- Streamline procedures to assure continued efficiency for pilots/Cabin Crew and management.
- Respond to any Pilot/Cabin Crew query within a timely manner and offer a best in class service.
- Manage base requests and allocations.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party agencies.
- Measure efficiency and report weekly on key performance indicators
- Identify and resolve local and / or individual pilot issues etc.
- Liaise with managers from different departments as required