Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400, new, Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
We are currently seeking a Taxation Manager to join our finance department. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this is a permanent position and is based in our Swords HQ.
The Taxation Manager has responsibility for the management of Ryanair’s tax function.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated tax professional with the commercial ability, skills, knowledge and personal drive to make a significant contribution to the profitable growth of the airline from 129m to 200m customers p.a.
- Lead the development and implementation of tax strategy
- Manage direct and indirect tax compliance for the wider Group
- Management of Group transfer pricing policy
- Management of tax compliance and audits in various jurisdictions
- Review and consider appropriate tax planning initiatives
- Provide tax advice to business units / departments within the Group
- Ongoing tax reporting and analysis
- Management and development of key external advisor relationships and relationships with tax authorities
- Management reporting
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Ad-hoc duties
Closing Date: 26th January 2018
- A qualified tax professional with a minimum of 4 years’ relevant post qualification experience and exposure to international tax issues in a large PLC and / or Big 4 accountancy practice.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a keen attention to detail are essential. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, strong interpersonal and communications skills together with experience of managing and developing a team of professionals.