Sales and Marketing Executive - German Market
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 117m customers p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of 350 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 315? Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
We are seeking a proactive and sales driven individual on a permanent basis who will hit the ground running and enhance our sales and marketing activity in the German Market.
This is a permanent position and is based in our Dublin HQ.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a sales & marketing team with an emphasis on PR. Significant travel industry knowledge will be beneficial. You will also be required to regularly travel throughout Europe to meet our business needs.
You must be fluent in English and German.
- Act as a spokesperson for Ryanair on all issues relating to the German markets, ensuring key messages are reported clearly in co-operation with the Head of Communications
- Increase passenger volumes and drive sales across routes.
- Manage and deliver national and regional promotions.
- Identify worthwhile sponsorship opportunities and manage big brand partnerships.
- Identify and manage joint advertising opportunities.
- Plan and deliver a programme of Sales, Marketing and PR activities for new routes and bases.
- Co-ordinate press conferences highlighting the importance of Ryanair (extensive travelling involved).
- Gather and report key market intelligence to Ryanair management and ensure the team are up to date on all relevant market issues.
- Identify, develop and grow relationships with media partners.
- Liaise and meet with tourist boards and relevant Government departments to add value to our Sales and Marketing Planning.
- Commercial focus and sales drive with a proven track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of the political and economic situation in the region.
- Fluent verbal and written English and German essential.
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident and upbeat personality.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- In-depth understanding of both offline and online media.
- Proven track record in sales / achievement of targets/KPIs.
- Background in account/relationship management